Lodging : Hotel room block 15% off daily rate at the Residence Inn Harlingen
Lodging: Hotel room block at the Hilton Garden Inn
Bicycle World RGV and the Valley Off-Road Bicycling Association (VORBA) are excited to announce the 2nd Annual Showdown at the Arroyo XC MTB Race, taking place at the Harlingen Arroyo MTB Trails in deep South Texas the weekend of October 14-15, 2023. This event is a cross-country (XC) bicycle race for all ages and skill levels, and is the fourth race of the Texas Cup Series p/b Trek Texas for the Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association (TMBRA).
|For the last three and half years, VORBA has built and maintained mountain bike trails across the Rio Grande Valley, from Sullivan City to Brownsville. As a local chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA), our purpose is to advocate for continued trail access and to educate the community on the sport of mountain biking. The Harlingen Arroyo MTB Trails are the premiere trails of the Valley constructed by VORBA, thanks to a partnership with the City of Harlingen and the city Parks and Recreation department. Over 10 miles of trails have been built in the heart of the city of Harlingen, with additional expansion along the Arroyo Colorado waterway planned in the years to come. An asphalt pump track is also in development and hopefully will be ready for next year’s event! Your registration fees partly go toward VORBA, a 501c3 non-profit under IMBA, and we thank you for your participation in this annual race!|
|Bicycle World RGV has been a long time local bike shop owned by the Roberts Family. They have four locations: Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen and Corpus Christi and are a flagship store for Specialized Bicycles. Bicycle World RGV has been a supporter of VORBA and all its events since its formation in 2020, and several of its employees are members and volunteers.|
Schedule of Events
All events take place at Arroyo Park (1101 E. New Hampshire St, Harlingen, TX 78550), unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, October 14, 2023:
- 8:00 AM : Course open for pre-ride
- 9:00 AM – NOON : Bike Swap Meet
- 12 PM – 2 PM : Kid’s Cup Registration
- NOON – 2:00 PM : Food Trucks open
- 3 PM : New Racer’s Clinic
- 5:00 – 7:00 PM : Bicycle World RGV/VORBA BBQ mixer (1113 S. 77 Sunshine Strip, Harlingen, TX 78550)
Sunday, October 15, 2023:
- 8:00 AM : Juniors 11-12 (2 laps, 5 miles), Juniors 10U (1 lap, 2.5 miles)
- 9:30 AM : M/W Pro/Elite, M/W Master Open, Cat 1 and Singlespeed Open (3 laps, 27 miles -or- 2 laps, 18 miles)
- 10:00 AM : Cat 2 racers and Singlespeed 2/3 (2 laps, 18 miles)
- 12:30 PM : Juniors 13-14 and all Cat 3 racers (1 lap, 9 miles)
- 1:00 PM : E-Bike (Class 1 pedal assist only) (2 laps, 18 miles)
Registration is ONLINE ONLY! This registration platform is available via web browser or mobile device through NOON Sunday, Oct. 15th. There will be absolutely NO in-person dictation or handwritten release/registration forms available at the race venue.
- Near final (as of Fri., Oct. 13th) detailed race schedule will be available online: tmbra.link/racestarts
- Onsite number plate pickup: Sunday *only*, Oct. 15th, starting at 7:00 AM.
- TMBRA Kids’ Kup Clinic and Race will be held SATURDAY, Oct. 14th at 2:00PM . Kids’ Kup registration opens at 12 PM and runs until 2 PM.
- A New Racer’s Clinic will be hosted immediately after the Kid’s Cup on SATURDAY, Oct. 14th at 3PM.
Race Entry Fees:
Tiered registration pricing will be used based on the below fee schedule.
- Juniors 12 and under : $30
- Juniors 13 – 18 : $40
- Adults 19+ :
- Standard: $60
- Late: $70 (Mon., Oct. 9th at midnight until Sat., Oct. 14th at 7:59PM)
- Last Minute: $80 (Sat. Oct. 14th at 8:00P until Sun. Oct. 15th at NOON)